Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!!!!



I never make New Year’s resolutions. Gave that up decades ago. Instead I start my New Year doing things I want to do throughout the year. Take photographs, write – things like that.

We had our last wedding of 2014 last night – New Year’s Eve. It was a great wedding. A Muslim wedding. Super bride and groom. Fun family. Great crowd; very friendly. Lots of smiles (but of course, not while they’re getting their photos taken!) I always make a fool out of myself trying to get the crowd to smile. But they seem to like it - the crazy foreigner shouting ‘Smile!’ ‘Cheese!’ ‘Happy happy!’ Sometimes I think that’s why the family chooses us to be their photographers. Of course there is the fact that Lipton is a 5-star photographer!! Can’t overlook our quality!

I got permission to post some photos of our Muslim wedding in Kurunegala. Normally the Muslim crowd does not like pictures of the bride posted, but this couple agreed. I was so happy about it because I love the photos.

The trip to Kurunegala was hard, though – all 5.5 hrs of it. It was raining. The road was under construction most of the way. The traffic was a teeth-grinder! And the actual road to Kurunegalla was bone shattering. It about killed our car, the tires and the shocks. Next time there’s a wedding there, I’m taking a helicopter! Lipton also got a traffic ticket on the way, so now he has to go back there to get his license! He’s going alone, I’ll be busy!

The venue was the White House. A pretty spectacular place. Unfortunately because of the pouring down rain, we couldn’t get shots of it all. Next time!


Happy New Year to everyone. May 2015 be full of love, health prosperity and peace!!!

The groom, who when he smiles,
I think he looks like Hugh Grant!


The White House, Kurunegala

Romantic beach shoot, Mt. Lavinia Beach



Check out our Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at our website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com
© ShadeTree Productions



No comments:

Post a Comment