Monday, May 11, 2015

A Night Out!


Someone recently asked me what I do besides work. I couldn’t give an answer. Seems like work has swallowed me whole.

And then last night I watched a movie that flashed a series of black and white photos during the credit roll. It hit me like a bus. Black and white! My roots!

I needed to get back to my roots.

When I first learned photography, I processed the film (yes, film) in the bathroom of my old house. I was in my early twenties, and I can still remember the actual photos and when and where I took them and how I processed them. I can’t remember last week, but I can remember that!

So I told my favorite model, good ole Lipton Jayawickrama, we were going on a photo shoot tonight after dark. He wasn’t all that thrilled, but I stomped my foot, pouted and shouted a bit and he finally agreed – all that got us into a really great mood to take photos! But you know, when I pick up the camera I automatically feel great and even Lipton got into it by trying to direct my shooting. Always the director.

Enjoy the start of me getting back to my roots. Share them!




I love the shadow on this!






If your want to book your wedding shoot or be part of my black and white adventure give us a call at: 0777 387734.

Check out our Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at our website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com

© ShadeTree Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment