Monday, July 14, 2014

Gimme Chock-o-late!!!!!!!




After lunch today, I got a BIG craving for chocolate. I have some dark chocolate in the freezer to make a Cake in a Mug. I got the recipe from Ruthie’s Cooking Corner on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ClaireMcjunkin. It was calling to me!

Ruthie happens to have been my mother’s best friend. Their friendship went back 60 years, until my mother passed away. Ruthie just recently celebrated her 91st birthday. I remember Ruthie like yesterday. Seeing her on YouTube is a treat!

Her father was my surrogate grandfather. Not having known either of my grandfathers, I was attached to Grampa Bax like icing on cake! He had the best laugh and was always telling stories, and going sunbathing in the winter! He gave me a silver dollar for the day my daughter was born and I kept it for years until it quietly disappeared. I might not have the dollar, but I have my memories of Grandpa Bax.

Ruthie’s daughter, Claire, and I still keep in contact after all these years. Thank goodness for the Internet!

I got through my chocolate craving and didn’t eat the frozen goodie right out of the wrapper. I am, however, going to share with you Ruthie’s recipe for the Cake in a Mug. And tomorrow I’m going to share with you my mother’s Shortbread Cookies, which Ruthie shows on Episode 3. I was so proud to hear Ruthie mention my mother’s name - Mary Begle – and have made those cookies that I remember so well many times.

Enjoy!

PS--After many trials, I put the mug in the microwave for only 2.5 mins. That way, the chocolate comes out nice and gooey. Yum! Yum!

Check out our Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at our website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com
© ShadeTree Productions





No comments:

Post a Comment