Friday, July 4, 2014

In Their Face – Portraits



My favorite photo to take is of a person. Landscape photography is gorgeous, yes, but to me, there is nothing as great as to see inside your subject and capture it in the camera.

Lipton Jayawickrama and I are such a good team when we take portraits. Sometimes he sees the best light, sometimes I do. Sometimes he can get the subject in the right mood, sometimes I do. I have a trick to bring out the inner secrets of my subjects. And only they know what that ‘trick’ is. I learned it from my voice coach when I was performing my poetry. He made me dig deep, deep, deep and be okay with showing it to him. Not all people are prepared to dig deep, especially for a photo shoot, but somehow I can make it happen. So can Lipton; but he has his own technique.

Sometimes it’s just a natural connection between photographer and subject. And trust. It’s magic.

That’s what I love about portrait photography.

Here are some of Lipton and my portraits. Enjoy!













Check out our Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at our website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com
© ShadeTree Productions


No comments:

Post a Comment