Sunday, July 13, 2014

Saying Goodbye



When my friend Madhuri told me she and her family were leaving Sri Lanka to go live in the US, I burst out crying. Over time, Madhuri and I spoke 2-3 times a week. We’d go over to her apartment to play Xbox bowling with her 8-year-old son. She always cheered me up with her in-your-face laughter. Her husband, Pierre, cracked me up - always!

They left on Thursday and whatsapp’d this morning to say they had landed and that it was strange to be surrounded by people who had American accents. I’ll look forward to skyping with her and hearing about them finding a place to live, getting schools for the kids and dealing with grocery shopping in stores that have absolutely everything!

But I’ll miss her smiling face and Pierre’s, funny, weird remarks. The kids, too, I’ll miss. Lots!

Madhuri and me bonding, as always!

Madhuri's great smile!

Pierre and me. In a calm moment!

Louis (left). So cute!

Amaya climbing her Auntie Lucy!

Amaya, flirting!

Louis, goofing!

Check out our Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at our website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com
© ShadeTree Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment