Thursday, March 27, 2014

Are You Shortchanged?


I went to Keels the other morning and bought a RedBull to help me work out. I should have gotten 205 Rupees back from the cashier. She gave me 204 because she didn’t have a 5 rupee coin. So Keels made an extra rupee off that sale. I’d say just about every chain grocery story does that; they shortchange me, unless I give them the exact amount.
I didn’t complain as I was in a hurry to get to the gym. But I should have demanded my correct change. It’s only 1 rupee, you say. But how many people go through the cashier’s line each and every day? One rupee here, another there and it adds up to quite a large amount each year!
Has that happened to you?
I say watch your change and don’t let the big guys get away with robbery!

Check out my Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at my website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com
© ShadeTree Productions
The 4 Rupees I received
back from the cashier.

The 5 Rupee coin I should have
gotten back.

No comments:

Post a Comment