Sunday, April 27, 2014

Old or New?


Years ago, while walking around Galle Fort (in Southern Sri Lanka), I saw this lovely old hotel and took a photo from the outside. Wanting to see more of the New Orient Hotel, I walked into its dusty, dark interior.

‘You can’t come in,’ a man said to me from out of the darkness.

Never one to stop taking a photo because I’m told to, I started taking pictures. Also, by that time, I knew that Sri Lankans were just too polite to confront and really kick me out. I was banking on this man to be too polite.

It was difficult to get a good shot because of the darkness, but I did my best. I wanted to wander around some, but the man wasn’t going to be pushed that far, so I was happy with just the lobby area.

The hotel has since been bought by the Aman conglomerate and totally redone and renamed to the Amangalla Hotel. I’ve captured a newer view of it off the web, for you to see the difference.

A view of the side of the hotel.

From the front.

The lobby where I was stopped by the Man.

The porch in the front.

From the street.

A photo from the web of the now very expensive
Amangalle Hotel - the former New Orient Hotel.

Check out our Sri Lankan wedding photography, travel photography, portrait photography, female photographers, commercial photography at our website at: http://www.shadetreeSL.com
© ShadeTree Productions



No comments:

Post a Comment